***Posted by our esthetician Rebecca
Everyone needs a daily skin care regimen. But, that doesn’t mean that you have to pay big bucks on skin care products and treatments to have beautiful skin. Here are five simple and easy things that you can do from your own home with very little cost to have beautiful, clean and clear skin.
- Always start and end your day by washing your face with a face wash that suits your skin type. If you are not sure what type of skin you have then a gentle face wash is always good. If you use a bar of soap please stop! Regular bar soap will dry your skin out way too much.
- Use an orange peel. Take an orange and peel it. Might sound strange but trust me it works. Take an orange peel and put it in hot water for about 10 minutes and then rub the white side of the peel on your face. This will give your skin a natural glow and will leave it smelling nice as well. The orange peel is rich in antioxidants such as Vitamin C and helps with skin lightening and repairing damaged skin. In fact, many cosmetic and beauty products contain orange peel extract.
- Tea bags are great for red, blotchy skin or puffy eyes. Tea acts as an astringent that will draw out excess fluid to reduce the swelling around your eyes and tighten the skin. Take a cup of hot water and let the tea bag sit in the hot water for about 5 minutes. when the water is dark splash some of it onto your face and then rinse with warm water. For the puffy eyes, place the tea bags on your eyes for about 5 to 10 minutes. This will reduce the puffiness and make your skin look fabulous.
- Make your own face mask. Face masks can help you get rid of breakouts and acne. All you need is baking soda and water. You mix it together until it becomes a paste. Rub the paste on your face and let it sit for up to 4 minutes. Then, rinse with cool water and pat dry (do not rub). This helps to exfoliate your skin and take away any old or dead skin cells. The baking soda kills bacteria that acne thrives in.
- Most importantly… Keep your body hydrated. Drink at least 8 cups of water a day. Adequate skin hydration will keep your skin clear and glowing.
There you have it, some simple and easy ways to keep your skin in good shape. Do you have any cheap and easy skin care tips of your own? Feel free to share in the comments section below.