When it comes to our younger years it’s true that we don’t know what we’ve got till it’s gone. But now, more than ever, there are several options to keep it from slipping away. Here are 5 ways to keep your face looking young, refreshed and beautiful without having to go through surgery.
1) Hyaluronic Acid Fillers
Hyaluronic Acid treatments such as Juvederm keep growing in popularity each year. And with good reason: just one treatment with Juvederm dermal filler can reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles for up to one year! Hyaluronic Acid Fillers are a great choice for enhancement of the lips and cheeks; to reduce under eye hollows (tear trough deformities); erase wrinkles around the mouth and smile lines (Nasolabial Folds, Marionette Lines); and to non-surgically correct imperfections of the nose such as bumps and hooks (Non-surgical nose-job).
Botox works by weakening the overactive muscles which lead to wrinkles of the frown lines between the brows, forehead wrinkles, crow’s feet near the eyes, and thick bands in the neck. Botox provides real, noticeable results, without surgery or the need for recovery time. Each Botox treatment lasts around 4 months.
Ultherapy is the only non-invasive procedure which has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to lift and tighten skin on the neck, chin and brow. This unique new treatment uses ultrasound technology to stimulate the body’s creation of new collagen. As a result, skin will actually begin to lift and tone over time. The Ultherapy facial lifting procedure is completely non-invasive and natural. There are no needles, no incisions, and no anesthesia involved. Most people need just one treatment, which takes less than an hour, and results may last for over a year.
4) Skin Care Products
There are 1000′s of skin care products out there that will claim to take years off your face. But take it from us–do not waste your money on any skin care products that are not prescription grade. Usually, the most effective skin care products can only be bought from licensed aestheticians or physician’s offices. Some other useful tips:
- Sunscreen should be used any time you step foot out of the house. Make sure you are using at least an SPF 35. This will adequately shield you from the damaging effects of the sun and UV rays.
- If you have dry skin, then Moisturizer is a must. There are multiple long-lasting ones that will keep your skin hydrated for up to 8 hours.
- Chemical Peels can by a good way to treat photodamaged skin and hyperpigmentation. However, do your research before committing to a chemical peel because they are not all alike and can cause severe skin damage when not done by a properly trained and experienced individual.
5) Lifestyle Modifications
This may be the easiest way to save your face. Here are some daily changes you can make to fight off premature aging:
- Get enough sleep. Sleep is definitely underrated when it comes to skin care. Make sure you get enough sleep to keep you from looking tired and decrease those bags underneath your eyes.
- Eat healthy. There are plenty of foods which are high in anti-oxidants and Vitamin C. Both are important in providing your skin with nutrients and stimulating the production of collagen.
- Easy on the Coffee. Caffeine is a diuretic, which means it causes our bodies to lose water. This is exactly what we don’t want to happen to our skin! Try switching to water instead.
- Keep your shades on. Wearing sunglasses will decrease squinting and slow down the appearance of crow’s-feet around the eyes and frown lines.
- Stay away from tanning beds. They actually slow down the skin repairing process and can cause premature wrinkle formation.
- Don’t smoke! Smoking is like poison for your skin. It breaks down the collagen and elastin which you have worked so hard to build. Not only that, it also decreases blood flow to the skin and delays wound healing. And lets not forget those nasty smokers lines!
So there you have it, some easy ways to boost your overall skin health. Remember, even the smallest changes can make a big difference. Do you have any skin care tips that have worked for you? Let us know in the comments section!